Fantini Calalenta Pecorino Terre di Chieti IGT
100% Pecorino. Fantini Calaventa IGT is straw yellow with greenish highlights. Aromas of white-fleshed fruit, especially pear, and balsamic notes that reveal the good quality of the oak.
“The goal of the winery is to produce wines that are of excellent value and quality and that can be enjoyed by all wine aficionados.”
Grapes: 100% Pecorino
Vineyards: Crecchio, Ortona and other small farms
Exposure: West and Southwest
Altitude: 70-160 meters above sea level
Soil: Calcareous clay soil with a medium texture
Vine Training: Tendone “Bower”
Vine age: 10-25 years
Time of Harvest: Early September
Vine yield: 8-9 tons per hectare
Vine density: 1,800-4,000 vines per hectare
Total Production: 100,000 bottles
Vinification Process: The grapes are harvested by hand and then pressed, destemmed and cooled rapidly to -1 °C in an inert atmosphere. Static clarification of the must. followed by fermentation at 12 °C to extract as much aromatics as possibile. 80% of the juice is fermented in stainless-steel tanks, the other 20% in 40hL oak barrels.
Aging Process: In stainless steel and in bottle.
Alcohol Content: 12.80%
Winemaker: Rino Santeusanio
Cellaring: Up to 1.5 years
Closure: Vinolock Glass cork
|Dimensions||12.6 × 9.4 × 13.00 in|
|Bottles per Case||
750 ml: 12 bottles per case