Viña Sol Winery
Founded in 1962, Viña Sol’s timeless appeal, approachable palate, and ability to pair well with a variety of dishes has led to its popularity with thousands of consumers. Today, it is Torres’ largest brand.
Point of Differentiation
- Globally established brand with 50+ years of history
- Torres’ #1 seller by volume worldwide
- A fruity, fresh, and easy-to-drink Mediterranean White Blend, made mainly with Parellada and Garnacha Blanca.
- Perfect as an aperitif or with fresh salad or seafood
- Great value making it the perfect everyday or occasion wine
- Highly rated across the globe – the 2020 received 91 points from Decanter!
Viña Sol was founded in 1962, a fascinating year, and like many of the icons of the Sixties it has become a timeless and popular icon throughout the world.
The name and the label are symbolize the winery’s beginnings. The Mediterranean sun used to be stamped on the barrels that were sent from Spain to Cuba and Puerto Rico.
Viña Sol has evolved alongside the tastes of thousands of consumers in over 40 countries. It started out as a symbol of modernism and sixty years later, it can be considered a timeless classic.
Catalunya is situated at the very northeast of Spain, right at the border of southern France. The climate is Mediterranean and continental. The soils are calcareous sedimentary deposits that are poor in organic matter, with silt and clay while the begin at sea level and go all the way up to 800 meters (over 2,600 feet). Some of the regions where grapes are harvested include Penedès, Terra Alta, Priorat, and Costers del Segre.
- Winery Fast Facts
- Owner: Familia Torres
- Winemaker: Josep Sabarich
- Established: 1962
- Region: DO Catalunya
“In the summer of 1962, at a small winery in the coastal hills of the Mediterranean, we first made Viña Sol, the classic essence of earth and sun."