Viña Sol Winery
Founded in 1962 Viña Sol’s timeless appeal, approachable palate, and ability to pair well with most dishes has led to its popularity with thousands of consumers for over half a century. Today it is the largest brand from Torres Wines.
Point of Differentiation
- #1 seller by volume worldwide of Torres Wines.
- Worldwide established brand with 50+ years of history
- Iconic Mediterranean wine, made with mostly parellada and white garnacha, representing a very fresh and floral aroma.
- A beautiful wine to pair with appetizers, as well as salads, seafood, and classic seafood paella!
- Great value wine makes it a perfect choice for an occasion every day.
Viña Sol being fresh wine is a characteristic that remains through time as part of its essence. Born in a fascinating year, 1962, and like many of the icons of the sixties it has become a timeless and popular icon throughout the world.
The name and the label are adopted as a symbol that date back to the beginning of the Torres winery, that Mediterranean sun, that used to be part as a stamp of the barrels that were sent from Spain to Cuba and Puerto Rico.
Viña Sol has learned how to adapt to the taste of thousands of consumers that are located in over 40 countries. Born as a symbol of modernism and sixty years later it can be considered a timeless classic.
Catalunya is situated in the very northeast of Spain, right at the border with the south of France. Climate is fully Mediterranean and continental. Soils are calcareous sedimentary deposits that are poor in organic matter, with silt and clay in texture, bringing altitudes from sea level up to 800 meters (over 2,600ft). Some of the regions where grapes are harvested include Penedès, Terra Alta, Priorat, and Costers del Segre.
- Winery Fast Facts
- Owner: Familia Torres
- Winemaker: Josep Sabarich
- Established: 1962
- Region: DO Catalunya
“In the summer of 1962, at a small winery in the coastal hills of the Mediterranean, we first made Viña Sol, the classic essence of earth and sun."